W elcome to Afrifitness, it’s Rachael here! I’m the founder of Afrifitness, the lady with the biggest smile on YouTube and a big dreamer. Let me share a little bit about myself.
I started Afrifitness back in 2014 and since then I’ve built a community of thousands of women worldwide! These are things you probably already know about me so let me get a little more personal.
My full name is Rachael Olatundun Okesola and I was born in Ibadan, Nigeria. I’m the last of three children and the only daughter to 2 amazing and supportive parents. I moved to the UK with my family when I was 5 and I’ve grown up in London for most of my life.
I’m a Libra, I have a phobia of birds, I’ve never watched Black Panther and I’m not all that organised (shocking!). I’m also a digital marketer by profession which is why running my business online has always been fairly easy for me and connecting with people online is natural.
I created Afrifitness with the belief that most people can’t stick to a workout program for 2 main reasons.
- Effective workouts aren’t that fun
- Fun workouts aren’t that effective
My goal is to bridge that gap by incorporating resistance training, HIIT, dance and music all into one fun workout.
Here are some frequently asked questions
- How tall are you? I’m 5 ft 7
- What do you weigh? Currently around 150lbs but my weight fluctuates
- Where are you from? I’m Nigerian living in the UK
- Do you run Afrfitness full time? Right now, Yes 🙂
- What do you eat? I eat anything but avoid dairy when I can
- How do you stay motivated? My community looks up to me
- Who’s your favourite artist? That’s actually a tough one and I honestly don’t know but obviously afrobeats is my favourite genre
- Who are your role models? Keaira LaShae was my inspiration to start Afrifitness and I love Tone It Up and the way they’ve grown a huge community. I also love Massy Arias’s dedication to her body and fitness.
- Where do you plan to take Afrifitness? My short term goal is to launch my own fitness equipment, issue a magazine every quarter and work with more big brands. Long term, I plan to release an even better app, grow the community to a million women and launch a fitness apparel line. If you dream it, you can achieve it.
Thanks for taking the time to get to know me a little better! If you would like to work with me, or for brands collaborations, please email me at email@example.com.