Low-Calorie Holiday Drinks That Are Guilt-Free
The holidays are for trying out new recipes to add to your culinary expertise, and holiday drinks should not be left out. To complement your perfectly healthy meals, here are some low-calorie holiday drinks that are guilt-free enough to not mess with our upcoming 30 day booty challenge.
POMEGRANATE MOJITO RECIPE
Even the name is delicious! And the taste definitely does justice to the name
- 1/3 cup light pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 ounce rum
- 1/4 teaspoon Stevia or sugar
- 1/2 cup champagne
- Pomegranate seeds
- Pour pomegranate juice, lime juice, rum, and sugar in a glass.
- Mix well and fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Top it off with champagne and pomegranate seeds .
The best part about this drink is that it uses lightened-up ingredients to keep the calorie and sugar content low giving you a guilt free holiday drink.
APPLE CIDER SANGRIA
The fresh fruit in this holiday drink gives it a bright taste making it feel extra healthy.
- 1 bottle white wine
- 2 1/2 cups fresh apple cider
- 2 cinnamon sticks (optional)
- 1 cup vodka
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1 orange, chopped
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Chop apples and orange and place in the bottom of a pitcher with pomegranate seeds.
- Pour in wine, apple cider, vodka, honey, and cinnamon.
- Add in the cinnamon sticks.
- Stir and serve with ice.
One of my personal favourites! What better use for that red wine you’ve been keeping all year other than a low-calorie holiday drink that is guilt free?
- 1 bottle red wine
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup honey or sugar
- 8 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Combine all ingredients into a non-aluminum saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain and serve warm.
Using one 750ml bottle of a dry red wine, this recipe comes to around 100 calories per half cup. It takes just 20 minutes to make and gives you a seasonally spiced drink to keep cozy and warm.
ORANGE CRANBERRY COCKTAIL WITH CHAMPAGNE
With just 5 minutes of prep time, this is an ideal low-calorie holiday drink that is guilt free. It contains a touch of fresh orange juice and a splash of champagne to make it bubbly!
- 4 Oz No-sugar added Cranberry juice
- 1 1/2 Oz Triple Sec
- 1 Oz Freshly squeeze orange juice
- 4 Oz Champagne (preferably Moscato)
- Frozen cranberries for garnishing (optional)
- Pour the cranberry juice, triple sec and orange juice into a shaker and shake well until mixed.
- Pour out the content into a glass and top off with 2oz of Champagne.
- Garnish with frozen cranberries, if desired.
A glass of this beautiful cocktail contains 110 calories.
The trick to making low-calorie holiday drinks that is guilt free is to keep the recipe simple. The shorter the ingredient list, the better! Not only are these drinks great stress-relievers, they are tasty, guilt free and healthy from some common ingredients like pomegranate, cranberry, cinnamon,and apples.
Raise a glass honey! Your holiday just got healthier and better!